(WIP) Powerpad_Evolved (WIP) Powerpad_Evolved

As always, lovely stuff. I'm especially loving the combination of the chip synth with the jazzy piano and rhodes. Great tune.

Shores of Pleasant Dreams Shores of Pleasant Dreams

Wow. This is...this is lovely. I love it when I find truly great ambient stuff on here.

Halindir responds:

Thank you very much, my good Sir Poop, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

DooDooDoDoWubWubWub DooDooDoDoWubWubWub

A limiter won't solve the problem. It will still sound awful, just more quietly. What really needs to happen is better leveling of each track. Don't just go in and turn up every track in the mixer up to +3db. That's retarded. Rule 1 of electronic music, never let your levels go over 0db. That's when things start to clip, and you get really distorted sounds. If it weren't for the clipping, this would actually sound kinda neat. If you're still working on it, go through and re think how you work with the volumes of each track in the mixer.

lantaren responds:

Actually, I didn't. most of my tracks are turned down about 20% from 100%, so you're telling me that I have them at +3db? hell no. it's just that the sounds freaking suck and that the mp3 compression was weak. I've already fixed the problem, and will re-upload the better one soonish.

Black Sheep Strut Black Sheep Strut

You never fail to amaze me. You can span across entire genres, and you ALWAYS have your unique style to add to each genre. I'm loving this whole dancey style.

Untitled> Collab Untitled> Collab

Why is your stuff always so beautiful? Seriously. Your use of these music-box-like tones always gets me, and then you drop it into something completely sublime. Once again, this is absolutely unbelievable. If you released an entire album of music like the stuff you've been making recently, I'd buy it up in a heartbeat.

Soviet Interception Soviet Interception

God, your music is so very good. Seriously, it's like a super laid-back mixture of BoC and Aphex. Fantastic.

architecture responds:

Thanks for listening! Im just happy people take the time to listen :3

untitled untitled

I definitely relaxed. Some nice crunchy chords. I think the subtle background noises could stand to be a bit louder, and the main melodic synth a bit lower.

JaY11 responds:

thanks for the feedback!

betyoudontwannadothis betyoudontwannadothis

This is actually, some pretty neat sound design. The beginning of each "phrase" where it's really stuttered and gated could easily be used as backing percussion in an IDM tune.

Heart Beat Heart Beat

I'm really loving this! I love that whole, slightly-out-of-tune characteristic that's really emphasized by the analog gear. Good stuff. Kind of...subdued Aphex in a way?

Toy Damage -Collab Toy Damage -Collab

Incredible.

This is how collaborations SHOULD be. Two compatible, talented musicians creating something very, very good. Seriously, this is incredible, from the instrument selection, to the drums and glitches. God, it's just so good. Underappreciated as fuck.